Description

....A progression towards another reality....

Monday, March 26, 2012

What I do and how I do it (NO PUN INTENDED!)

I was little more that slightly shocked to find out that many of my friends had at-best only a vague idea regarding what I do

Post the “upturned baby” blog, on a more personal note, I received questions like “Since when have you been doing this kind of stuff?”, “but weren’t you into yoga and all?”, “Did you turn the baby the same way you twirled a spoon?” (Yes! I’ll be uploading a spoon twirling video sometime soon). For once I had to apply my own therapy and breathe in a certain way to keep my anger down – Yes! I get angry, just that I don’t hold it for long.

So, this blog is dedicated to the best question of all -
What do you do and how do you do it? No pun intended!” (As worded by a dear friend)

I practice complementary and alternative medicine. These therapies focus on individualizing the treatment and treating the body in its entirety.Also, the disease is understood from an alternative point of view, in the case of the therapies I practice, through the mind.

I have specialized in:
1) Yoga: It includes asanas/physical postures, pranayama/breath regulation, relaxation techniques and guided meditation. This is a long-term holistic treatment which constantly heals the body and the mind leading to an auto-correction of all that has gone amiss. Consequently, regular practice induces a sense of well-being in general.
2) Acupressure and Sujok: Treatment is done by applying pressure or magnets to certain points which work like a remote control. One experiences instant relief especially in conditions like neck-back pain, general musculoskeletal pains and headaches. I don’t practice acupuncture.
3) Acu-Yoga: It treats symptoms instantly and works on reversing them invariably through a combination of Acupressure and Yogic practices.
4) Mind–Body therapy and Energy Healing: Emotional baggage of some sort or the other is usually responsible for many chronic diseases and painful conditions. Along with the bodily symptoms, the mind needs to be skilfully tricked so that it stops producing certain reactions in the body. Energy healing is an umbrella term for many techniques that involve healing of the metaphysical aspects. I’ll write about how energy healing works another time.

Now I’ll try to describe how I do what I do, i.e. how I go about the treatment.
I treat the disease at multiple levels simultaneously-
1) Physical:The physical aspects of the disease like pain (ranging from musculoskeletal pain to pain due to fractures), stiffness, digestive troubles etc. are managed through acupressure and yogasanas. My patients learn 5, 10, 15 and 30 minute Acu-Yoga routines to delay (invariably) the recurrence of symptoms.
2) Etheric: Application of the magnets (sujok)regulates the electro-magnetic field of the body.One alsolearns to regulate the breath (Pranayama), which induces changes in the etheric layer or the layer of bio-chemical energy, Chi or Prana.
3) Mental/ Emotional: Guided meditation and other experiential mind-body techniques help trick the mind into relaxationresulting inmaximization of the self-healing capacity of the body. This aims at reversal of the disease altogether.
4) Intellectual: Counselling and guidance regarding the Do’s and the Don’ts; I call this intellectual because these sessions are more than just informative, they make one introspect and reflect on themselves.

Apart from doing individual therapy, I design a wide-variety of health oriented “experiential” workshops/training sessions tailor-made to suit the needs of various groups. These groups include, professionals with work related disorders, groups of people with lifestyle ailments such as back pain and similar musculoskeletal problems, high blood pressure, chronic fatigue, stress disorders etc. These workshops simultaneously aim at inducing a sense of wellness so that one feels more functional and “at –ease”.

Click on this link to see a list of my popular workshops
http://pragatioswal.com/workshop.html

Now that you know what I do and how I do it (no pun intended!), my “well-informed” friends, let me say I love you, almost unconditionally.

That’s all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment